Iced Hibiscus Tea
Goodness of tea and cooling hibiscus, all put together in one ruby-hued drink.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 people
5 tbsp Hibiscus Cut loose leaf tea
3 tbsp Assam Black loose leaf tea
5 cups hot water
1½ cups castor sugar
1 bottle ginger ale
Garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel
- Place the tea leaves in a large jug.
- Carefully pour hot water over the tea leaves. Stir and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain out the tea leaves.
- Stir in the castor sugar in the brewed tea. Once all the sugar has dissolved, chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Just before serving, stir in the ginger ale. Pour over ice in a tall glass and garnish with mint leaves and lemon peel.