Tea time snacks get a makeover! Try these delicious fritters loaded with the goodness of vegetables and serve with your favourite tea.
2 potatoes, peeled & grated
2 carrot, peeled & grated
3 zucchinis, grated
1 onion, chopped
½ cup self-raising flour
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
3 eggs, separated
2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated potatoes, carrot, zucchini. Add the onion, flour, salt, coriander and egg yolks into the bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold this gently through vegetable mixture and set it aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Brush on a little oil and add a ladle of the mixture. Cook for five minutes and flip. Cook for another five minutes. Both sides need to be uniformly golden-brown.
- Repeat until all the fritters are cooked.
- Serve with chutney or a yogurt dip.